I took a quick glance at the blog posts this year, and not really sure if I would recover that fast from my Mum and Granddad’s passing the past 8 months. But I have to say, it has been manageable; hanging out with family and friends help, going out with Cheryl a lot helps, praying regularly helps. Praying calms the soul. There was a period of time I was just reminded of death every single day, and there were nights I cried myself to sleep, I amaze myself at appearing normal in public. Twitter helps too, for the occasional rants.
Anyhow, after spending ~a month at Grandma’s, I decided to go home on 13th August. Though, I’ve to say, I still sleep over, but for short 2/3 days now.
Since then, I have;
- A bit too much chats about SYCA and #LepakInSG offline and online it got overwhelming.
- 17 Aug: Applied for a job I want.. I actually drafted something for that job back in May, in between my Jogja and Sungai Tohor trips in Indonesia. I found out there was a vacancy at that place I was eyeing and I went for it.
- 20 Aug: Applied directly to ClimateForce: Antarctica 2018 Expedition. The trip is planned for 27 Feb to 12 Mar 2018. J said the selection committee will look over it the next few days.
- 21 Aug: Applied for the #OCBCCares Fund for the Environment training happening on 24 Aug. Application was confirmed the same day. I need to focus and see how I can expand SYCA and #LepakInSG
- 21 Aug: Applied for YSEALI Summit 2017 happening in Manila Oct 17-22. If I get accepted, online engagement starts 8 Sep.
- 21 Aug: Applied for CDL E-Generation Challenge 2017. The top 10 finalists will be shortlisted by 30 Aug, expected to present mid-Sep, results released 6 Oct, and winner announced 3 Nov. The winner will win a sponsorship opportunity for the Antarctica expedition. // My eyes are on Antarctica. If the ClimateForce team gets back to me earlier then I’ll start my fundraising efforts first. If I get the sponsorship, then that’s a bonus.
Writing out ClimateForce application and YSEALI Summit essays made writing the CDL E-Generation challenge writing much easier.
- 21 Aug: I also double confirmed with Yi Han I will be participating in the PM. Haze PEEP trip to Selangor, Malaysia, happening 7-9 Sep. Cheryl is also going, and we are both planning to stay back in Kuala Lumpur till 13 Sep to meet other youth who may be going to COP, and to meet people in the environment sector in general. So yeah. Hello Selangor and Kuala Lumpur in 3 weeks time.
Proud of myself for sticking to the laptop and get things done today. Especially when I’ve always avoided doing anything on a Monday. Next GTD day on Friday.